EASTER RETREAT - ROMANCING THE FRENCH RIVIERA
9th April - 14th April 2020
Easter or “Paques” in French is widely celebrated throughout France. It’s a time for family and friend get-togethers, sharing food and getting outdoors. In Cannes, Nice and Antibes shop owners go to a lot of trouble to decorate their shops with beautiful chocolate eggs, rabbits, chickens and fish. It’s a delight to stroll along their streets where you can indulge in some tasting experiences and so we take you door to door to one of these lovely coastal towns.
Easter is also a stunningly beautiful time of year in the French Riviera which is characterised by clear blue skies and sunny temperatures. Waterfalls after the mountain snow melts, are at their most beautiful and powerful and everywhere seems to have come alive with wild spring flowers and chirping birds and so the focus of this experience is all about getting outdoors again and enjoying the lovely Spring sunshine. It's about rejuvenating your mind and body, enjoying healthy locally produced food and stopping to take "a moment in time" for yourself. Think picnics accompanied by our old gramophone player, wildflower woodland and coastal walks, visits to local fresh food markets, strolling medieval hilltop villages or maybe you fancy swimming or paddleboarding in open water fresh from the mountain streams - a reawakening of all of your senses.
• Chauffeured pick up and return from Nice Airport. (subject to agreed timings)
• Easter-themed cocktail welcome reception.
• Decadent five course dinner with a lovely spring flower theme.
• Bath robes, fluffy towels and handmade chocolate in your room.
• Nostalgic afternoon tea by the pool.
• Accommodation in our beautiful villa.
• All excursions and experiences on which you will be fully escorted door to door.
• Use of all amenities including our hot outdoor forest shower - a delightful experience.
• All meals, soft drinks, coffee and herbal teas. (limited wine with evening meal)
• Easter egg treasure hunt with a twist.
per person depending upon room occupancy